Requirement: How to add/ subtract no. of days from the coming Source data in Data Mapping?
Solution: Perform the following steps to add the DateUtils method.
- Download the attached DateUtils.class file and place it under the "<AdeptiaInstallationFolder>/ServerKernel/customClasses" folder:
- Restart the Adeptia services.
- Open a Data Mapping and in the bottom-right menu, you will see DateUtils() method under GlobalMethods.
- Now select the Target element and double click on this method and you can now use it in the Textual Rules mode.
There are 9 arguments that need to be passed in this function.
- Input Date
- Input Date Format
- Output Date Format
- Year needs to be added/subtracted
- Month needs to be added/subtracted
- Day needs to be added/subtracted
- Hour needs to be added/subtracted
- Minutes need to be added/subtracted
- Seconds need to be added/subtracted
An example to increment Date by 1 day:
java:DateUtils.DateAdd($TextFileSchema/Root/Record/MyDate, 'yyyy-MM-dd', 'yyyyMMdd', '0' , '0', '1', '0', '0', '0')
Note: To add/ subtract the hour, minutes, or seconds the input date must have the timestamp as part of its value.