In some cases, Adeptia will encounter an issue that will require more information that is not available in the application logs. Generally, these issues will be related to process flows stuck in the running state or performance issues. When this occurs, the support team will need the heap and thread dumps from Java Visual VM.
To setup Visual VM to gather the necessary heap and thread dump, you'll need to install a Java Development Kit (JDK). For the Adeptia v6.2 Release, the Java Runtime Environment is 1.7.60, so installing the corresponding JDK is advised
1) Download JDK 1.7.60 from the oracle website (jdk-7u60-windows-x64.exe)
2) Install the JDK on the same machine and drive that Adeptia is installed on
3) Once installed, navigate to the bin directory of the JDK installation
Ex: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.x\bin
4) Right click on "jvisualvm.exe" and select "Run as Administrator"
5) Once Visual VM loads, you should be able to see the following processes in the Applications tab
Note: If you don't see the processes, your Adeptia services may be running as a Windows Service. Restart the Adeptia Services manually, from the Adeptia Installation Directory (Ex: C:\Program Files\AdeptiaSuite\AdeptiaSuite-6.2SP1\bin)
6) To take a thread dump, right click on "com.adeptia.indigo.IndigoKernel" and select thread dump. Once the thread dump is generated, you'll see it under the IndigoKernel application
7) To take a heap dump, right click on "com.adeptia.indigo.IndigoKernel" and select heap dump. Once the thread dump is generated, you'll also see it under the IndigoKernel application.
8) You can now save those files locally and send them to Adeptia Support
To check for deadlock you need to have JDK installed on your machine.
4) Double click "jvisualvm".
5) Now, click on Applications and then select "IndigoKernel" instance.
6) Now go to threads tab and wait for some time.
7) If there would be any deadlock then it start showing on the top of window that deadlock found.
8) If there is deadlock them take the thread dump of it.
9) To take thread dump click on "Thread dump" button at the right top corner.
10) Save this file and send it to us.