This post describes all the Adeptia features that can be extended using custom Java coding. It provides Java API reference that can be used for coding.
ADEPTIA SERVICES THAT CAN BE EXTENDED FOR CUSTOM JAVA DEVELOPMENT
The Adeptia services that can be enhanced for custom Java coding are outlined below:
- Custom Plugin: You can develop Java code to create and execute customized services in a process flow.
- Rec2Rec Transformer: You can develop customize services to process data individually record by record and add it in a process flow.
- Java expression in decision node: You can develop Java conditional logic and use it as a Boolean condition in a decision node in a process flow.
- Custom JSP: You can develop customized GUI with Java Server Pages (JSP) and incorporate it in the Adeptia GUI to develop its workflow GUI.
- Java function support in Mapping: You can develop customized data processing rules in Java and use them in Adeptia’s Mapping feature.
- Inbuilt Code segment and library: You can develop code segments that can be used for custom Java development.
For example, you can develop a code segment for:
- Get Connection from DBInfo
In this post, only Custom Plugin is documented
USING ADEPTIA CUSTOM PLUGIN SERVICE
A custom plugin service enables you to create customized services apart from the standard Adeptia server services. A developer can write custom java code to process the data as required.
Writing a custom plugin service involves the following steps:
1. Interacting with the service variables and predefined methods
2. Interacting with streams
- Input Stream
- Output Stream
3. Interacting with Context variables
- Getting context variable
- Setting context variable
4. Data handling and Transformation
5. Calling external native programs
7. Exception handling