If another application is using port 21000, you may encounter an issue where the kernel will close after a few minutes. In order to resolve this, follow these steps:
1. Program Files > Adeptia Suite > Adeptia Server > Server Kernel > Etc
2. Open server-configure.properties in TextPad
3. Search for the port in use (21000), this will be under the category name "Kernel Settings"
4. Change the port number to an available port (21001)
5. Save the file and restart the kernel
Note: You may have to kill your java.exe processes from the Task Manager after changing this property.