Issue: In some cases you may receive an error indicating "Could not create the Java virtual Machine":
Solution: This occurs when the java path is not set to the correct directory. There are a few steps to follow in this case:
1) Control Panel > System
2) Advanced System Settings
3) Environmental Variables
4) Create a New User variable by clicking on the "New..." Button:
- Variable name: JAVA_PATH
- Variable value: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_31 (or similar directory)
5) Under System Variables, choose the variable "Path" and click "Edit..."
- At the end of the existing "Variable value" enter a semi-colon (;) and the bin directory of the path above (C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_31\bin).
You could also try
1) Uninstalling the latest Java update
2) Reinstalling the update & the latest JDK
3) Re-enabling downloading of Java applications on your machine
Article is closed for comments.