We are trying to view a Published webform(using JSP) but getting below error whenever we are trying to open it from Link published on Monitor page.
Unable to compile class for JSPNote: sun.tools.javac.Main has been deprecated. error: Invalid class file format in /home/spazio/GBI/jre/lib/rt.jar(java/lang/Object.class). The major.minor version '51.0' is too recent for this tool to understand. /tmp/jetty-0.0.0.0-8080-web-_adeptia-any-/prova$jsp.java:0: Class java.lang.Object not found in class javax.servlet.GenericServlet. package org.apache.jsp; ^ 2 errors, 1 warning.
Upgrading Adeptia suite that includes a JRE update and you want to View a webform created by uploading JSP files. This issue comes because the JSP files used to create the webform are compiled internally and above Java Error is thrown.
This issue shall be resolved in future releases of Adeptia Suite but if you still face issue then this can be resolved by following below steps:
1. Go to the Adeptia Server machine inside folder "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp" and remove the "jetty-0.0.0.0-8080-web-_adeptia-any-" folder.(Username would be the User from which the Adeptia services are started)
2. Check the version of JRE bundled with Adeptia by following below steps:
i) Open cmd and change current directory to ".\AdeptiaSuite-6.2SP1\jre\bin".
ii) Run "java -version" on that directory.
3. Download and Install jdk for the same version of Java from Oracle and copy tools.jar file from ".\Java\jdk1.7.0_75\lib". Attached is the JDK file for JRE7 that can be directly used by renaming to "tools.jar".
4. Go to "\AdeptiaServer\ServerKernel\web\libs" and take backup of existing tools.jar file.
5. Paste the attached tools.jar(jre7) file or file for required JRE in "\AdeptiaServer\ServerKernel\web\libs" directory.
6. Restart the Adeptia services.