Issue: User is unable to perform Read, Write, and Delete operations on Amazon S3 bucket connection. System show following error:
com.amazonaws.services.s3.model.AmazonS3Exception: Status Code: 400, AWS Service: Amazon S3, AWS Request ID: 8A5FDB192F9F023F, AWS Error Code: InvalidRequest, AWS Error Message: The authorization mechanism you have provided is not supported. Please use AWS4-HMAC-SHA256., S3 Extended Request ID.
Reason: Existing jar files used for establishing connection with Amazon S3 Bucket do not have multiple region support therefore there is a failure while performing any operation
Solution: User should update the jar files and launcher.properties file in our Adeptia Suite. Perform the following steps for uploading or downloading any file from Amazon S3 bucket from any region:
- Download the following jar files
- Navigate to /ServerKernel/web/libs folder inside Adeptia Suite and place all the downloaded jar files in this folder.
- Navigate to "/ServerKernel/etc" and take backup of launcher.properties file.
- Open the launcher.properties file and update the KN:JVM: parameters as follows:
KN:JVM: -Xms2048M -Xmx2048M -Xrs -XX:PermSize=64M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -Dcom.amazonaws.services.s3.enableV4=true
- Comment out following entries by using # in front of these files:
- Add following new entries below the entries commented in Step 5.
- Save the launcher.properties file and restart Adeptia Suite.
httpclient-4.5.2.jar (700 KB)
httpcore-4.4.4.jar (300 KB)
joda-time-2.1.jar (600 KB)
aws-java-sdk-1.11.6.jar (30 MB)