Requirement:- We have a requirement to connect with FTP server using the utility to check the connectivity between the Adeptia server and FTP server.
Solution:- We have bundled JRE with the FTP utility. Following is the link for the same:-
The steps to execute this utility are:-
- Download and Unzip FTPS_Utility_bundled_JRE.zip file.
- Open connect.properties file and fill up the server credentials like (host, port, username, password etc.)
- Provide the file name to upload and download from the server in the same file.
- Provide the privateKeyPath, privateKeyPassword, keystorePath, keystorePassword etc. if you are using FTPS, SFTP mode of communication.
- Execute FtpUpload.bat/.sh file in case you are connecting with Simple FTP without any key and provide hostName, user and password parameter to batch.shell file.
As an example:C:/Users/FTPS_Utility_bundled_JRE/>FtpUpload.bat "FTPServerIP/DNS" "User" "Password".
6. Execute FtpsConnection.bat/.sh in case you are connecting for SFTP, FTPS mode and provide hostName, user and password parameter to batch.shell file.
As an Example:C:/Users/FTPS_Utility_bundled_JRE/>FtpsConnection.bat "FTPServerIP/DNS" "User" "Password".
7. Check SecureInet_FTPUtility.log and FTPUtility.log files in case of FtpUpload.bat/.sh and FTPS_Connection.log in case of FtpsConnection.bat/.sh for logs.