Situation: Client wants to fetch Records from multiple columns from a Database table using the DB query function.
Solution: Below are the steps to fetch the data from multiple columns Using DB Query function.
- Create a Connection Info variable.
- Now select the Root element of target schema and create a local variable which will contain the DB Query as value.
- Click Save button to save the local variable.
- Now click the Parent element (Record) from the target panel, and then click Properties tab.
- Click at the “ForEach” field and double click the local variable that you have created to store DB query. Append it with //Record.
- Click Save Properties button to save it.
- Now to map the output of the DB query, select the target element to which you want to map the output and then click Textual Rules tab.
- In textual rule enter the name of the column of database table whose value is to be mapped to the selected target element.
- Click Apply map button to apply the mapping,
- Similarly map other columns with the required target element.