The default installation of Adeptia Suite configures Adeptia Services i.e. Kernel and Webrunner on single system; however we can enable the kernel and Webrunner to work on distributed systems.
This post describes the guidelines to configure your Adeptia services on different machines or environments.
- Ensure you have full access to both the servers (machines).
- Ensure both the servers are on network and they can communicate to each other.
- The installation and configuration may require server restart.
- You should have already downloaded Adeptia Suite on both the servers to start the installation.
- It is mandatory to install similar version of Adeptia Suite on both the servers (machines).
Configure Adeptia Service on different systems
This is a two step process:
- Installation of Adeptia Suite on both servers
- Configure Kernel and Webrunner on both servers
Installation of Adeptia Suite on both servers
There will be two servers Primary Server(On which Kernel will run) and Secondary server(On which Webrunner will run).
Fresh Installation Adeptia on Primary Server:
a) For fresh installation of Adeptia Suite. Please refer Adeptia Installation Guide for details.
b) You can select the type of database that you want to use for log/backend purpose during installation. By selecting “Custom Install set” instead of selecting “Express Install set”.
Fresh Installation Adeptia on Secondary Server:
- Install Adeptia Suite on both servers. Please refer Adeptia Installation Guide for details.
- If you are using some external Database(other than HSQLDB) then select “Custom Install set” instead of selecting “Express Install set” during Installation. Point to the same log/back-end database used in Primary Server.
- Select the Database and Select the Radio button of Use existing tables instead of Create new while setting up log/embedded Database.
Configure Kernel and Webrunner on both servers
Follow the below defined steps to run the AdeptiaSuite Kernel and Webrunner on the different machines.
1) Go to Secondary Server(machine) on which you want to run the webrunner and open “AdeptiaSuite-6.x\AdeptiaServer\ServerKernel\etc”
2) Open server-configure.properties file.
3) Search for “abpm.node.name” property and replace the highlighted by the IP of the Primary Server(machine).
4) If you have used embedded log database on Primary Server(machine), Search for “log4j.appender.jdbc.url ” property and replace the highlighted by the IP of the Primary server(machine).
5) If you have used embedded backend database on Primary Server(machine), Search for “abpm.jdo.url” property and replace the highlighted by the IP of the Primary server(machine).
6) Save server.configure-properties file.
7) Stop Adeptia services on both the servers.
8) Start Kernel(on Primary server) and Webrunner on(Secondary Server).