Under the rare and unusual circumstance that Adeptia freezes/crashes, we would recommend the following troubleshooting procedure:
1) Investigating the CPU, Memory, or Hard Drive capacity to see if there are any apparent issues there.
2) There may be some network connection problem with the server or the back-end and log databases (possibly located on separate servers).
3) Collect the following data and contact Adeptia support:
- Information on total disk space available on the system, total RAM of system and number of CPU cores assigned to the system where Adeptia Suite is installed.
- Current status of system where Adeptia Suite is installed in terms of CPU usage, load index, memory usage and list of all the processes that are running on the system.
- List of open files on system where Adeptia Suite is installed. On Unix system, it can be determined by using “lsof” command.
- Information of disk space occupied by process flow repository folders and amount of free disk space available on that drive.
- Information on type of Operating system where Adeptia Suite is installed (whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit)
- Adeptia Suite application log files (for Kernel and Webrunner) for the interval just before and during the time period when Adeptia Suite locks-up.
- The log files are available here: <Installation Directory>\AdeptiaServer\ServerKernel\logs\applicationlogs
- Properties files from Adeptia Suite here: <Installation Directory>\AdeptiaServer\ServerKernel\etc
- Adeptia Build Tag information, as shown here: http://support.adeptia.com/entries/21253803-adeptia-suite-build-tag
- Size of complete “ServerKernel/embeddedDb” folder (required in case embedded database is configured as backend database).
- This can be found here: <Installation Directory>\AdeptiaServer\ServerKernel\embeddedDb\db
- Number of records in all log database tables especially AU_TRANSACTIONDATA, AU_TRANSACTIONLOG, AU_EVENTLOG, AU_LOG and AU_EDITRANSACTIONDATA (if EDI accelerator is deployed).
- If archiving is enabled, number of records in all archive log database tables especially AU_TRANSACTIONDATA_ARCHIVE, AU_TRANSACTIONLOG_ARCHIVE, AU_EVENTLOG_ARCHIVE, AU_LOG_ARCHIVE and AU_EDITRANSACTIONDATA_ARCHIVE (if EDI accelerator is deployed).
Article is closed for comments.