This post explains how to enable the encryption of the SSL trust store and key store passwords, entered on the SSL Configuration page.
Follow these steps to encrypt the passwords:
1. Go to the folder AdeptiaServer/ServerKernel/etc.
2. Open the server-configure.properties file in a text editor.
3. Go to the SSL Configuration group and perform the following modification within the javax.net.ssl.trustStoreType property.
a. Add the attribute encrypt=”y” in the property
b. Delete the password (see figure below)
4. Repeat the step above for the javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword property.
5. Now save the file
6. Restart the Kernel and WebRunner.
7. Log in into Adeptia Suite
8. Go to Administer →Setup → Application Settings → Update System Properties
9. Now expand the Services → SSL Configuration
10. Give the value of password in TrustStore and Keystore
Note: Now the password will not be visible in this screen and will be stored in encrypted format.
11. Click Save and restart the Kernel and WebRunner to make the new password effective