I need to encrypt the password. Can you walk me through how I can do that? The client will likely not share the password with me, so I need steps for them to be able to create the hash and go from there.
Since your current state is the system works with unencrypted passwords, please follow these steps:
1) Open the server-configure.properties file
2) Search for <Group hide="true" name="Database Configuration">
3) Remove hide="true"
4) For both password fields (back-end and log databases), set encrypt="y"
5) Save the file
6) From the Application Settings > Update System Properties > Systems > Logging > Database Appender, enter the password (log4j.appender.jdbc.password)
7) From the Application Settings > Update System Properties > Systems > Database Configuration, the password (abpm.jdo.password)
8) Save the changes.
The passwords should now be encrypted.
Note: Feel free to hide the Database Configuration properties once the encryption has been completed.