Mode Type is a property that is defined while creating an Inbound Relationship. This is defined under the Translation Properties. This property is used for creating the Translated output file and it defines the basis on which this output file is created. By default mode type used is “Append”. There are 5 types of mode types that are explained below:
- Append: All the records are appended in the same target file.
- Create: In case you want to create a new target file for each input file then select Create from the Mode Type.
- Create Per Interchange: After Selecting this mode type a new file will be created for each ISA segment. Suppose there are 5 ISA in a file then 5 output files will be created on the Target Location.
- Create Per Group: This mode will create a new file based on the number of Group(GS Segments) in the file. For 5 GS Segments 5 files will be created.
- Create Per Transaction: This mode will create a new file based on the number of Transaction Sets(ST Segments) in the file. Suppose for 50 Transaction Sets 50 separate files will be created.
- CreatePerTransactionSetProcesscount: This mode type is recently introduced and after using this the Target File is created on three basis that are listed below:
a) Separate file is created for each ISA.
b) Separate file is created for each GS.
c) Separate file will be created for the Transaction Set on the basis of “Transaction sets Process Count” set in Advanced Properties. It’s default value is 2000 so a separate file will be created for every 2000 Transaction sets.